T.I.'s Lawyers Ask For $2.2 Million Bond Among Other Conditions

Category: By TRiCk-C
10/19/2007

In federal court today (Oct. 19), T.I.'s lawyers have asked for the rapper to be released on $2.2 million bond among several other conditions.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, T.I. lawyers presented the bond request to U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman this morning. Additional conditions of the bond would include T.I. agreeing to stay in his home 24 hours a day and be subject to electronic monitoring, additional bonds backed by his record company, record company executives and the equity of his two homes.

U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman is expected to make a ruling on whether T.I. can stay out of jail while awaiting trial on weapons charges by midday.

The bond proposal from Harris's (T.I.) lawyers included a $2.2 million bond with a cash desposit of $500,000; a $1 million signature bond signed by Atlantic Records; five $100,000 signature bonds signed by five Atlantic Records and Warner Music executives; two $100,000 surety bonds from different bonding companies and the equity of the Harris' homes, which lawyer Ed Garland said are worth $1.5 million.

A lawyer said T.I. would also allow an independent monitor to live in the home and search anyone coming or going. The monitoring would be paid for by T.I.

At today's hearing T.I. was also expected to be arraigned, enter a not guilty plea and find out which U.S. District Court judge would be overseeing his case.

T.I. was indicted on three federal charges Wednesday (October 16) and charged with possessing unregistered machine guns and silencers, unlawfully possessing machine guns and being a convicted felon in possession of firearms.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?