T.I. Granted $3 Million Bond

Category: By TRiCk-C
10/27/2007

Looks like T.I. is finally free.
According to Fox News in Atlanta, U.S. Magistrate Judge Alan Baverman granted T.I. (real name: Clifford Harris) a $3 million bond during a court hearing Friday (October 26) in his federal weapons case.

Via terms of the bond, T.I. is to remain under house arrest at his home in Henry County, but wasn't specific about the location, according to the Associated Press.

The rapper will be monitored 24 hours a day by a private monitoring service that he must pay for, and will remain at home except under certain circumstances, including medical appointments and court appearances.

He cannot own any firearms and cannot have contact with any witnesses or informants in the case, reports the AP.

T.I. is charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, and possession of firearms by a convicted felon, stemming from a sting in Atlanta on October 13th where ATF Agents caught T.I. in the act of purchasing the weapons (see "T.I. Arrested, Home Raided By Feds In Atlanta").

The rapper's lawyers proposed a $2.2 million bond and house arrest last Friday (October 19), but the judge denied the request until his hearing this Friday (October 26).

If convicted of the weapons charges, he faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count.