Nas To Release New Album Entitled "N*gger" December 11

Category: By TRiCk-C
10/19/2007

After days
of speculation on the title, Nas has decided to call his new album "N*gger".
The rapper says the album will be released Dec. 11 but Def Jam has yet to confirm this date.

"You ain't got no business worrying about what the word 'n*gger' is or acting like you know what my album is about without talking to me," Nas tells MTV.com about the negative response to the album title from public figures such as the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Earlier in the week Foxnews.com reported that a source close to L.A. Reid said the album wasn't on the label's release schedule.

"I don't know where that [report] came from and neither does Def Jam," Nas said. "None of us knows where that came from."

Nas recently spoke to MTV News about the direction for his up-coming album:

"Salaam (Remi) — me and him have some real chemistry," Nas explained. "He can go from Amy Winehouse to Spragga Benz to come f--- with Nas. The other cats, some of us have somewhat of chemistry, some of us don't. ... [People] shouldn't trip off the [album's] title; the songs are crazier than the title."

Other artists/producers expected to appear on the album are DJ Toomp, Jermaine Dupri and Diddy.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous November 14, 2007 at 3:14 PM
    nas is the greatest poet of our time, so he can entitle the album whatever he wants and the tracks are still gonna make you think, dont worry bout the title, the music will speak for itself when its here. u my boi, keep makin music nas
  2. Anonymous January 13, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    I wish not acquiesce in on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to study the unscathed story.
  3. Anonymous January 17, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Something to say?