50 Cent Speaks On "Before I Self Destruct"

Category: By TRiCk-C
10/23/2007

50 Cent recently spoke to MTV News about his up-coming album "Before I Self Destruct."

The album, which is slated to be released in Spring 2008, is 50's last album of original material under his current contract with Interscope Records.

"On my next album, you should expect to not see features [guest appearances] like you saw on Curtis," he smiled. "Before I Self Destruct, it's totally different. That record has a whole 'nother concept. I feel like this sets up the next batch of records. It's got what I really wanna do on it. Plus, it's my fourth album — it fulfills my record obligation to Interscope Records. I'll be a free agent."

In other 50 Cent news, G-Unit will release their second album December 18. According to 50, the album is nearing completion and they are only waiting on one last feature.

"We gotta work with Em, that's it," 50 told MTV News. "Then we can be done with it. Production-wise, I captured what I needed. But I didn't want to not have Em's stamp on it. We probably won't get his vocals until he's heard the full body of work and he's excited about it. Before my work [goes to the public], it has to pass the Eminem test, the Dr. Dre test — it's a few tests before we push them to the street. That's why they can expect a higher quality of 50 Cent music than the usual artist."
 

6 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous January 10, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    50 is wack and lyrics r wack this album gonna be likehis first trying to regainhis name after his bit#h azz got dusted by all
  2. Anonymous February 19, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    You'z a bitch, and your bitch ass better shut the fuck up. talkin shit about fifty, his lyrics are fuckin solid. Your ass is the one that should be dusted
  3. Anonymous February 21, 2008 at 11:09 PM
    i no shut the fuck up
  4. Anonymous March 5, 2008 at 1:46 AM
    50 cent is the best since tupac and biggie
    this other rapper must go sleep.cause 50cent is taking over.he dont have rap but his doing it for a fan like me so if you
    something to say about 50cent contact me 0734077651 g unit interscope
  5. Anonymous August 5, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    50cent is on fire Ayoo fifty tell those bitch ass niggaz 2 shut de fuck up especialy dat fat busted called Phat ass Joe
  6. Anonymous November 27, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    50 aint shit compaired to Pac or Biggie so who ever said that need to get right cause this dude aint even 10% on the level there were......I think 50 need to go back to the drawing board

Something to say?